Wednesday, January 17, 2007

lpc, here i come

"let me come back to the paradise again and again" i wrote when i was sixteen in the letter full of gratitude to lpc (luethi-peterson camps), a swiss foundation which organizes international summer camps.

you can't even measure the importance of lpc in my life. yes, it was a definite turning point for me: first, it opened the gates of the world (in rcn, i argued that without the lpc experience there would be no uwc for me), second, it moved my thoughts about needs, live and so on slightly to the left (they are somewhere there since), but primarily lpc saved my life. and only now i am not afraid to speak about it frankly. it did save my life.

anyhow. i am going back to the most idealistic world i have ever tasted... (if you think uwc was idealistic, you're wrong.) i am going to hegnes (ironically, it's a 2 hour hike from flekke, hahahah!). it's an awesome campsite. it's right by the fjordshore. no running water, the house (plus the barn) is falling apart (actually, i reckon that the barn is in better condition...) spartan, simple living, really. lpc. eh.

at least now i have something to look forward to. here i come.

ps. all the nordics, i think of having a little tour de scandinavia before the camp starts, so whoever's home during the summer and wants a distinguished visitor from poland, let me know ;-)