Thursday, January 14, 2010

positive outlook

the year in amsterdam and months that followed have given me so much strength and positive energy. i couldn't really ask for more. in april 2008 i was so fed up with being in vancouver, studying at sfu and dealing with the scholarship pressure that i was seeking refuge. i found it in the beautiful city of amsterdam and all the experiences i have had there. it relaxed me a lot. now, i still feel relaxed. yes, there's much more work to be done here, but i feel peacful, at ease with the world and my situation. i live in a magical house with crazy people. i like the courses i am taking. i even don't mind the rain that much (though, i'd prefer snow). and as simple as it is, it all has started in my head, the positive outlook on the world i am living in now. it got a kick from an external stimulus, sure, but i was the one who reacted and shaped this stimulus into this. perhaps it is also because i can actually see an end to my studies and glimpse into a little bit of a future beyond.. my imagination goes wild and fills up with insane and exciting ideas at the speed of light. but, shhh! i am not going to spoil it now. not just yet.